Sunday 29 May 2016

Friendship - the family you choose


My favourite place on earth is home to all manner of creatures in a garden so filled with happiness and love, you can hear, smell, taste and feel it.


At one end of the garden is a beautiful railwayman's cottage.

At the other is a cabin filled to the brim with fabrics, yarns, threads, and so many beautifully created craft items both made by the owner and all the people whose lives she has touched.


I consider myself one of these lucky people to have her part of our family as our adopted mum/granny for around the last 10 years


She never complains about me plaguing her to overlock my fabric.  She has taught me to do hardanger and speciality stitches, the basics of quilting and how to make a patchwork bag, how to crotchet and introduced me to the delights of Yankee Candles.  She is always there if I have a problem or if I just fancy mooch round the garden centre!

There are little bits of her all around us, from granny's bonnets in the garden to cushions and quilts and bags she has made me as gifts. I have even immortalised her garden in cross stitch.

This lady also happens to be none other than the designer of Cols Creations! 

Fabric all secured, I did manage half a dozen or so stitches today. However I'm always so relaxed at their's that I was simply happy sitting, chatting and watching the birds.

2 comments:

  1. I just don't know what to say, except you and yours are always in my heart, And always will be, and now I'm shedding a tear for the lovely things you say. Xxx

    ReplyDelete