Friday 29 April 2016

Finishes 2007


I had a lot of time on my hands in 2007 to spend stitching. We'd moved "up norf" and with the support of some fellow stitchers created A Crafty Natter, an online chat site bringing together like minded folk from around the world.


Lots of babies were born in 2007 at my sons' primary school where I volunteered. This one was for the year 1 teacher.




Our elder son started karate, followed a few months later by my hubby and his workmate.  This was his mate's birthday gift.




A craze hit A Crafty Natter 'Name Trees'. If you look at it sideways the red one says Joy. The green one says Peace.  These were freebies from an American magazine.  The company who makes the charts will create any names in this style.






'A Strange Kind of Blue' is probably my most treasured stitch. It's a Heaven and Earth design by a Selena Fenech sketch.  It's stitched 1 over 1 on 27ct Laguna and has sparkly Kreinek highlights.











Biscornu fever hit A Crafty Natter.




Another baby sampler. This chart was featured in one of the British magazines and is probably my most stitched chart. At the time of posting I have stitched it 5 times so far!









I spent rather a lot of time in hospital between 2007 - 2011 and created a stash-pack filled with small designs kitted up ready to go to take with me.  One such design was Bob the Builder, for our younger son.




The nursery teacher also had a baby.



Another Mystic Stitch design, Augusta.  When we moved "up norf" we stayed with my husband's parents for 5 months until we found a suitable house to buy.  As a thank you for their hospitality I stitched this right under their noses!

No comments:

Post a Comment