Friday 29 April 2016

Finishes 2009


A new craze hit ACN...Ink Circles.


My favourite is Bramble and Rose. We stitched this design as a 'stitchalong'. We all did our own interpretation, mine being in red Caron threads.  Other members did gold thread, variegated greens or blues. I had mine made into a firescreen.


This triangles version hangs in my inlaws' sunroom.


And the original Circles we have in our sunroom.




I had an unusual commission - a ring cushion in lilac featuring The Stig for a friend's wedding.





My sons had a stocking each.  Although I did the cross stitching, I can't take the credit for the making up - Thanks Colly!




ACN has a long running UFO page (unfinished object).  It's a great way to dig out those long forgotten pieces that have been started and then put aside as something else takes your fancy.  A few members are serial starters and joined the UFO section to work on one project, once a week for say a month, before moving onto the next project for a month etc. 

This lion was started by one member but she didn't want it any longer so I adopted it and finished it for my husband's grandad.




This is another stunning Mystic Stitch design 'Peaceful Morning'. I love the richness of the greens.




I learned how to make a book fold for an exchange.





Hellboy was a secret stitch for my husband's birthday.







And a couple of fob exchanges.




I don't have many UFO's in my stash as I am usually very good at finishing each project before moving onto the next one, but this one was hidden away for about 5 years before completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment